All undergraduate students enrolled in the Spring semester.
Administered from March until July of the Spring semester, the UC Undergraduate Experience Survey (UCUES) survey responses are matched with institutional data to provide a detailed portrait of students' background, academic and co-curricular activities, goals and aspirations, experiences with academic and administrative units, self-assessments of gains in academic and social skills, interactions with other students, engagement in community service and civic activities, perceived obstacles to academic success and many other topics. UCUES data are used for many institutional purposes, including providing undergraduate student input into academic program reviews. For more information, please see the UCUES FAQ.
Overall Responses: Survey Results and Summary of Findings
- 2022 Overall Results and Summary or Download 2022 Summarized Data
- 2020 Overall Results and Summary or Download 2020 Summarized Data
- 2018 Overall Results and Summary or Download 2018 Summarized Data
- 2016 Overall Results and Summary
- 2014 Overall Results and Summary
For UCUES results and summaries from previous years, please contact us.
Departmental Responses: Survey Results and Summary of Findings
UCUES results by major and department are reported each year to academic department chairs and deans. They are also considered as part of the Academic Program Review process, and a subset of the results is included in the program review data summaries. The Departmental Results and Summary reflect student satisfaction with aspects of their major and department experience, evaluating areas such as instruction by faculty and teaching assistants, academic advising, and the availability and quality of courses. The Departmental Results and Summary from the most recent UCUES administration can be found below in both pdf and excel format.
- 2022 UCUES Departmental Results and Summary PDF or 2022 UCUES Departmental Results and Summary Excel
- 2017 - Using Institutional Survey Data to Understand the First Year Undergraduate Experience
- 2016 - Where Berkeley Students Live
- 2012 - The Profile & Experiences of New UC Berkeley Undergraduates on Academic Probation
- 2012 - Student Responses to Academic & Co-Curricular Advising Experiences
- 2012 - The Use of UCUES Data in Planning and Assessment of Undergraduate Advising
- 2011 - Student Feedback on Reading-Review-Recitation Week
- 2010 - Success and Satisfaction of Community College Students
- 2008 - Five Measures of Student Success at Berkeley
- 2008 - Advice and Advising for Undergraduates